1.10.2011

Stamp here and stamp there / Byrokratian koukerot

So on Wednesday morning I met Yuhei in the ferry terminal in Beppu, from where we went to Yuhei's apartment which is next to Beppu station. He had nice two room plus kitchen apartment, which costs 50,000 yen (500€) per month. Then I went to Oita for the first time to meet my tutor, Takeru. We went to the university to look around and have lunch at the cafeteria. The food was good and reasonably priced (about 2-5€ depending what you eat).

After lunch it was time to  experience the bureaucracy of Japan. :P :D :/ First we went to buy inkan, which is a personal stamp what people use here instead of signature (and sometimes you use both). Next we went to make the alien registeration. This involved filling few papers, signatures and inkan stamping. This was still pretty quick and simple, but the papers in the bank too lot of time and required many inkan stamps. And of course in every place my name is a problem cause its so long compared to Japanese ones.



Thursday started with welcoming ceremony and language placement test. What would me more fun than exam on first day :D There were 27 new exchange students and I guess about the same amount of old ones (who were not present on that day). Most exchange students were from USA and Germany. The result of the test was level 2, which I was expecting.

After school I went to get a mobile phone, which was of course not so simple. Especially the pricing was rather complicated, but after many questions and lots of explaining I got pretty good picture of the pricing and other things. Paper work was again quite extensive. In the end I am now paying about 10€ a month which includes using the mobile emails (here they do not use SMS at all). But if I need to call I need to pay 42 yen (0,42€) per minute. And when I terminate my contract I need to pay about 100€ for it. This option was cheaper than buying a phone and then using a prepaid cards.

In the evening I went out to eat some sushi with Yuhei. The sushi was super good! It was per plate 1,2-1,5€, so not cheap as 100 yen (1€) per plate places, but the sushi was better and the fish slices were bigger and thicker. Then we also enjoyed a foot bath (onsen) before we drove high up on the hills where Aasian Pasific University is located. The view over the night city was really nice. We ended the evening in a Izakaya (Japanese style bar/food place), where you could drink as much as you can in 2h with 1,000 yen (10€), although you need to order at least two small food things. So in total my 6,5 drinks costed 21€, which is not bad in a bar especially since I got to eat a bit on the same time :D

On Friday we had some info lessons at school again. It was quite interesting that in a IT-classroom you cannot access your computer while the teacher is showing a presentation cause that presentation is also displayed on your computer screen. I bet that the teachers in TAMK would love it :D After the school I came to my dormitory to get the key. The building is quite old, built in the 70s I guess, but its in pretty good shape like the apartment itself. I will write more about the apartment and such things later on.

From now on I try to write about things faster cause again I forgot so many small details. :P But now its Saturday afternoon and I will go out to take a look on the city itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Keskiviikkona olimme perillä Beppussa, jossa tapasin ystäväni Yuhein, jonka luona yövyin keskiviikon ja torstain ennen kuin sain oman asunnon. Keskiviikkona tapasin myös tuutorini, Takerun, Oitassa. Kävimme yliopistolla katselemassa paikkoja ja syömässä hyvää lounasta. (Lounaiden hinnat ovat about 2-5€) Lounaan jälkeen olikin byrokratian vuoro. Ensin kuitenkin piti ostaa inkan, joka on henkilökohtainen leimaisin, jota käytetään allekirjoituksen sijasta ja joskus allekirjoituksen kanssa. Sitten kävin rekisteröitymässä asukkaaksi ja  pankissa avaamassa pankkitilin. Aika paljon tarvitsi papereita täyttää ja hieman ongelmia tuli pitkästä länsimaalaisesta nimestä, mutta loppu kaikkineen asiat aina järjestyivät.

Torstaina meillä olikin yliopistolla avajaisseremonia ja japanin tasokoe, jotta osaamme valita oikeat japanin kurssit. Uusia vaihtareita oli paikalla 27, joiden lisäksi koululla on melkeen saman verran vaihtareita viime keväältä. Koulun jälkeen hankin matkapuhelimen, jonka hinnoitteluviidakko oli melkoinen, mutta pitkän kyselyn ja selvittelyn jälkeen asiat kuitenkin selvisivät. Liittymäni maksaa noin 10€ kuukaudessa, jolla voin käyttää sähköpostia kuinka paljon vain. Täällä kun ei tekstareita voi käyttää. Puhelut ovat kyllä kalliita, kun ne maksaa 0,42€/min, joten taidan käyttää vain tuota sähköpostia kommunikointiin. Kun lähden minun tarvitsee sitten maksaa sopimuksen purkamismaksu, joka on noin 100€. Illalla menin Yuhein kanssa vielä ulos syömään erittäin herkullista sushia. Kävimme myös hänen yliopistolla, APUlla, joka sijaitsee korkealla vuoren rinteellä niin sieltä avautuu komeat näkymät Beppuun.

Perjantaina koulun jälkeen kävin hakemassa avaimen kämppään. Asuntola on melko vanha, rakennettu varmaan 70-luvulla, mutta se on sentään kohtuullisen hyvässä kunnossa kuten itse asunto. Kirjoittelen myöhemmin lisää asunnosta ja siihen liittyvistä jutuista.

Nyt onkin sitten jo lauantai-iltapäivä, ja ajattelin tästä lähteä tutkimaan lähiseutuja.


Yuhei's apartment / Yuhein asunto

My inkan / Minun inkan

My new phone / Uusi puhelimeni

My dormitory / Asuntolani

My tutor, Takeru / Tuutorini Takeru

16€ of things from 100 yen shop / 16 eurolla tarvikkeita 100 jenin kaupasta

My first home made food / Ensimmäinen kotona tehty ruoka

Älä ruoki kissoja! Jos ruokit niitä, joudut viemään ne mukanasi kotimaahasi. :D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti